Solution to not being able to use copyright symbol in an Umbraco Macro

Was writing some XSLT for an Umbraco site recently, needed a copyright block in the footer so thought i’d just use the standard


syntax to add the copyright symbol, ©. When I tried to save the file, I got an error that the xml was invalid.

Turns out that © is not allowed so I used the numeric value instead


which works a treat.

I wonder how many times this has caught people out!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.